This lens details the penetration of the key individual products and services offered by each company, delving into their overall footprint as well as how well they do or don’t overlap in market acceptance.
Users value ecosystems by how well the parts integrate, and express that value in how many of the parts they actively use. The largest technology companies, from Apple to Google, and Microsoft to Amazon, are seeking to build and cultivate a coordinated experience that will attract and retain customers. This TUP lens measures their progress and profiles which segments and their depth of displayed commitment to the ecosystem.
Summary of subjects covered in the Technology Ecosystems lens tables
|Examples of TUP Questions Answered
|Key Device Metrics
|Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others
|Number of Devices by Operating System
|Device brand, sub-brand, acquisition date, and other details
Links to Technology Ecosystems lens tables
Recent findings from the TUP Technology Ecosystems lens
- Young adults strongly prefer Apple computers globally
- Apple’s younger multi-product customers
- Gen Z and Millennial voices are heard, by assistants
- The generational divide in Apple computer usage
- Young Americans fully embrace MacBooks for the first time
- Apple’s uneven global reach among youth
- Apple Grows as 1st Device, Especially Among Gen Z
- Apple edge: loyal customers
- Smartwatch valleys and peaks
- iPhones are strongest among younger adults in most countries
- Nearly three of four Gen Z Americans use at least one Apple device
- VR headsets, seeking acceptance, persist as virtual
- Lost phone? Tech solution finds niche and then plateaus.
- Apple Mac laptops reach parity with Windows PCs among young Americans
- Apple Leads for 1st Device, Especially Among Gen Z
- TUP 2023 released! (TUP’s 41st year)
- Replacement versus growth markets
- Home PC trends and generational shifts – 2011-2022 – US
- Long-term smartphone trends and generational shifts – 2011 to 2022 – US
- Microsoft CoPilot – generative AI as an enterprise Office 365 service for creatives
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.