This lens details the penetration of the key individual products and services offered by each company, delving into their overall footprint as well as how well they do or don’t overlap in market acceptance.
Users value ecosystems by how well the parts integrate, and express that value in how many of the parts they actively use. The largest technology companies, from Apple to Google, and Microsoft to Amazon, are seeking to build and cultivate a coordinated experience that will attract and retain customers. This TUP lens measures their progress and profiles which segments and their depth of displayed commitment to the ecosystem.
Summary of subjects covered in the Technology Ecosystems lens tables
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Key Device Metrics||Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others|
|Devices||Number of Devices by Operating System|
|Device #1-#4||Device brand, sub-brand, acquisition date, and other details|
Links to Technology Ecosystems lens tables
Recent findings from the TUP Technology Ecosystems lens
- Samsung laptop progress [TUPdate]
- Samsung and Apple users by age group and country [MetaFAQs]
- Samsung and Apple’s device type penetration within core [MetaFAQs]
- Samsung and Apple’s core penetration [MetaFAQs]
- Mac and iPhone market penetration among iPad users [MetaFAQs]
- A HomePod shuffle – a sound path of Apple’s expansion [TUPdate]
- US adult voice assistant/speaker users by brand platform and number of Apple devices [MetaFAQs]
- US adults with voice-enabled speakers by number of Apple devices [MetaFAQs]
- Voice-enabled wireless speakers by age group [MetaFAQs]
- American Apple HomePod Users [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.