This lens details the penetration of the key individual products and services offered by each company, delving into their overall footprint as well as how well they do or don’t overlap in market acceptance.
Users value ecosystems by how well the parts integrate, and express that value in how many of the parts they actively use. The largest technology companies, from Apple to Google, and Microsoft to Amazon, are seeking to build and cultivate a coordinated experience that will attract and retain customers. This TUP lens measures their progress and profiles which segments and their depth of displayed commitment to the ecosystem.
Summary of subjects covered in the Technology Ecosystems lens tables
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Key Device Metrics||Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others|
|Devices||Number of Devices by Operating System|
|Device #1-#4||Device brand, sub-brand, acquisition date, and other details|
Links to Technology Ecosystems lens tables
Recent findings from the TUP Technology Ecosystems lens
- TUP 2023 nearing release! (TUP’s 41st year)
- Home PC trends and generational shifts – 2011-2022 – US
- Long-term smartphone trends and generational shifts – 2011 to 2022 – US
- Microsoft CoPilot – generative AI as an enterprise Office 365 service for creatives
- Apple active installed base by country and age
- Replacement versus growth markets
- Active game-players by platforms
- The only set of connected devices Americans use
- Windows notebook usage by socioeconomic groups
- Apple computer usage by socioeconomic groups
- Apple Watch usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- Home Apple computer usage by socioeconomic groups
- American first-time and repeat buyer purchase plans
- Windows PC usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- Android smartphone usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- iPhone usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- Windows and Apple computers decline in use while iPhone and Androids battle
- Youthful clamor for smartwatches
- Which is winning consumer interest – iPhone or Android smartphones?
- Apple leads competitors in brand footprint dominance
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.