The TUP 2022 wave results are being released! We’re thrilled with the responses and are continuing to analyze the results. We have delivered the complete set of TUP 2022 tables on schedule – before the end of September 2022. These have been delivered directly to current TUP 2022 subscribers.
In addition, we’ll be releasing updated results from pre-pandemic through the current time addressing the following questions and topics:
Pre-pandemic (TUP 2019) through the current time (TUP 2022)
- Working from home
- How many online adults work from home now? What are employees’ expectations about working from home in one year? How many adults use home PCs for work? Which technology do people working from home use? What online activities stand out for those working from home? How do those new to working from home differ from seasoned remote employees?
- Shifts in how connected devices are being used
- How have users shifted their choice of devices? How prevalent are smartphones as the primary type of device for major types of activities? Where do computers stand now?
- Device use
- How prevalent are computers as the primary type of device for major types of activities? How prevalent are tablets as the primary type of device for major types of activities? How has the mix of devices shifted by type of activity?
- Trends in communication activities
- What are the major communication activities using any of the user’s connected devices? Which activities (e.g. work video meetings a’la Zoom) have dropped to before-pandemic levels? Which type of device is used for the most communication activities?
- Technology ecosystems
- How has the market penetration for Apple/non-Apple computers, smartphones, and tablets shifted? What are the purchase intentions for Apple iPhones versus other smartphones? What are the purchase intentions for Apple Watch and non-Apple smart watches?
- Technology brands
- How have brand footprints shifted? What is the profile of HP’s PC customers? What is the profile of Dell’s customers? What is the profile of Samsung’s customers? What is the size and profile of Apple’s customers – for their iPhones, Macs, iPads, and other offerings?
- Shifts within key market segments
- How has tech use changed for key segments? How has tech use changed for employees? How has tech use changed for college students? How has tech use changed for parents? How has tech use changed for seniors? How has tech use changed for Baby Boomers? How has tech use changed for Generation Z?
- Purchase plans
- Which technology are Americans planning to purchase? Which technology are remote workers planning to purchase? Which technology are new remote workers planning to purchase?
Current TUP 2022 subscribers will be notified as MetaFacts releases results and will post analyses on this subscriber portal. To verify that your subscription is current, please contact MetaFacts.
Current subscribers will receive updates here about enhancements to the deliverables and results.
The TUP/Technology User Profile 2020 tables have been released! With TUP 2020, these have been fully reorganized for your convenience.
- We have grouped standard published tables into 15 topical TUP Lenses to help have the most relevant information within the same worksheets. Each of these have 9 banners, such as by age, household size, or employer size. Here’s more details on the TUP Lenses.