This lens provides a top-level overview of technology users based on the devices they use.
Very few users use only one type connected device, whether it is a smartphone, tablet, PC, or game console. Instead, most users actively use a combination of connected devices. This TUP lens details device penetration, device combinations of key devices, and the activities of their many devices.
Summary of subjects covered in the Devices lens tables
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Usage Profile||Total hours using devices, User segment, ISP|
|Key Devices||Key devices used, such as any Smartphone, any Desktop, any Game Consoles, and others|
|Overall Devices||Number of devices by operating system|
|Device #1-Device #5||Details about the first 5 connected devices in active use – Smartphones, PCs, Tablets, or Game consoles|
|Units||Number of devices used in last 90 days, by form factor (PCs, Desktop PCs, Smartphones, etc.)|
|Device Activities||The activities across all devices as well as by each device number|
Links to Devices lens tables
Recent MetaFAQs, TUPdates, and Highlights – Devices lens
- All-in-one desktop PCs by country [MetaFAQs]
- Tablet installed base by brand and country [MetaFAQs]
- Shifting choice of connected devices [MetaFAQs]
- Mac and iPhone market penetration among iPad users [MetaFAQs]
- iPad and Android tablet use by generational age group [MetaFAQs]
- Tablets as primary or secondary device [MetaFAQs]
- Device type used most often for communication [MetaFAQs]
- The digital device divide [TUPdate]
- Synchronous or asynchronous communication – checking age preference [MetaFAQs]
- Smart Displays barely visible [MetaFAQs]
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.