Fun is core to many adult technology users’ experiences, and games are central to some, while being casually played or never played by others.
This TUP lens profiles which users are playing immersive games compared to other games, and whether they are being played on a smartphone, PC, tablet, or game console. TUP also details PCs designed for gaming, both gaming desktops and gaming notebooks.
Summary of subjects covered in the Game Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Game Playing lens tables
|Subjects||Examples of TUP Questions Answered|
|Game Consoles||Brand and sub-brand of game consoles in active use|
|Entertainment Activities||Entertainment activities regularly used on connected devices, such as games, music, books, or TV|
|Game Console Activities||Activities regularly done on using a game console, such as playing games, or communicating|
Links to Game Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Game Playing lens tables
Recent findings from the TUP Game Consoles, Gaming PCs, and Game Playing lens
- TUP 2023 nearing release! (TUP’s 41st year)
- Gaming trends and user profile
- Market potential for Apple Vision Pro and VR/AR/MR headsets
- Brief profile of Americans regularly playing games using connected devices
- Active game-players by platforms
- The only set of connected devices Americans use
- Home gaming notebook/laptop usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- Home gaming desktop usage & plans by socioeconomic groups
- Brief profile of American game console users
- Which activities are primarily done using smartphones, computers, or game consoles?
For more information about TUP, please contact MetaFacts.